Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Well, It is WIP Wednesday

The scarf is coming along very slowly it seems.
Doublediamondswip2
It's over half way now, will probably try to finish it before Monday.

I've also bound off on the a shrug for Knit Wits.
Kwmuppet1wip3

I absolutely love the colors in this.  The fur yar worked so well with boucle and variegated yarn.  It's the first of many shrugs for Knit Wits.

That's all I've been working on recently.  Mindless, easy projects to take a break before my next lace shawl.  Which I should probably try to get started on sometime soon.

For Father's Day I went with the parents on a drive around Selkirk loop, which goes west into Washington, up  into Canada and then back down into Idaho.  I've always wanted to go around the Selkirk loop and was not disappointed.  It's a beautiful drive through mountains, valleys, and at on point a ferry ride across Kootenay Lake.  I got a few pictures, I didn't very many because I'm not much for taking pictures.  I don't particular care for looking at things from behind a camera.
A picture a got when stopped just for the view of the lake.
Img_1112
We also stopped at this lookout where I got this picture of the valley.
Img_1127
After the ferry ride we stopped at this artisan crafts area that feature things like weaving, glassblowing at the such.  We went in to the glassblowing and forge building.  There was nobody currently doing either but it was nice looking at the beautiful stuff they'd made.
I ended up get a beautiful snowflake copper and glass necklace.
Snowflakenecklace
And I got these gorgeous buttons.
Buttons

Now to find the yarn and design to go with them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment