Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Purple Mystic Star

 Bound off the Mystic Star shawl on Monday, June 4.

 

My first circular shawl.

 

Here's a picture of it before blocking.

Mysticstarbeforeblocking
Pinned out.

Mysticstarpinnedout

After taking the pins and wires out.

Mysticstarblocked

And a pretty artsy picture of it.

Mysticstarhanging

 

I can't believe how beautiful it turned out.  The pattern is Mystic Star by Anna Dalvi.  The yarn I used was Claudia Hand Painted Yarns Silk Lace in the aubergine colorway.  It's got a diameter of 50 inches.  I couldn't quite get the 51 inches the pattern indicated.  Going to set this one aside to enter in the fair.  It's too gorgeous and perfect not to.

 

With the shawl out of the way I've been playing lots of Diablo 3 and working on Knit Wits stuff for my knitting.  I've got a scarf I'm working on right now.  Planning on writing up the pattern for it and trying to sell it.

 

And I made a cute cyborg octopus for a contest on DeviantArt.

Cyborgoctopus

It didn't win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment