Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WIP Wednesday: First Assignment

Back in February I got a job as a knitter and designer with AK Kerani, an online fashion company.  It's just a start up so there hasn't been much work but I've finally begun on my first assignment.  I'm knitting three items for a fashion show.  One is my own design, the Red Rhody Scarf, which I made while visiting my sister in Rhode Island.  Another scarf is an AK Kerani design and then I've been given free reign in making a shawl.

I'm enjoying working on this shawl.


The yarn is Loops and Threads Impeccable.  It's my first time using this yarn and I really like it.  It's nice and soft and doesn't split easily and the colors are gorgeous.  The pattern's just a basic triangle shawl with stripes of stockinette, a lace mesh, and garter stitch.

In non knitting news, last night I tried to get a better look at a dark spot on my cat's chin, trying to determine what it was.  The cat went ballistic when I pulled her into my lap and tried to look at the spot.  She started to claw and bite me and it felt like one of her claws got caught in my skin at one point.  It was painful and I'm surprised I didn't bleed more then I did.  After I let her go she jumped up onto the cat tree and kicked the other cat off, and wasn't nice about it either.  I locked her out of the bedroom for the night.  She was much nicer to me when I let her back in in the morning.

Here's a picture of said cat being cute and cuddly while I was working on a baby blanket for Knit Wits last week.

Sometimes she can be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment