Wednesday, April 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Things for me!

First, I'm going to start with some finished objects.

The lace shawl for Knitivity is done and is now being test knitted.  It came out just beautiful.


Calling it the Butterfly Wings Shawl.

Next up, I finished my assignment form AK Kerani with just enough time to send to my boss before this last Sunday.  These items will be appearing in a fashion show this weekend and I should get some pictures from it.  The shawl and red scarf are my own designs.



Now onto the work's in progress.  Stuff I'm making for me.

The first is a lace shawl.  The pattern is Mystic Star Shawl by Anna Dalvi and the yarn is Claudia Hand Painted Yarns Silk Lace in the aubergine color way.  Gorgeous yarn and it's 100% silk.  Bought it with the money I made from working at the fair last year.



Not the best photo.  My camera wasn't cooperating.  I started it a while back then put it to the side while I worked on the finished objects up above.  Picking it back up again came with a headache.  I'm not sure what happened but after knitting four rows I found myself with one extra stitch and while I was tinking back to find where the mistake occurred I came across two dropped stitches.  Fixing the dropped stitches took me back two rows before where I started that day.  Overall progress:  -2 rows.  The next day started out awful with extra stitches popping up again (too many yarn overs) but then went fairly smoothly the rest of the day.  Today started with a missing yarn over but there have since been no major mistakes.  Hopefully things will continue this way and it won't give me anymore problems (Ha!).

Next up is a hoodie I'm making for myself.  This is the back, I'm to the point of shaping for the armholes.


The pattern is Zig Zag Hoodie by Cheryl Beckerich and is in the January 2011 issue of Creative Knitting.  The yarn is Berroco's Pure Merino Nuance, which I made my first sweater out of in blue.  This yarn is very soft but split's real easily.  I'm finding it a lot easier to work with now that I'm more experienced and have some nice lace needles (Chiaogoo Red Lace needles sizes 6 and 7, and I'm using 3's on the shawl, love these needles!).  The stitch pattern is easy to follow and I've been doing the cables without a cable needle for the first time.

I had made a hoodie for myself a couple years ago.  The Central Park Hoodie in dark purple Cascade 220.  Worked on it for a good part of the year and then it didn't fit (gained a bit a weight and my boobs went up a whole cup size while I worked on that hoddie).  It's now sitting in my room still waiting for the buttons to be put on it.  My mom keeps coming up with suggestions on what to do with it, but I just want to keep it.  Maybe one day I'll lose enough weight to wear or maybe it will stay in the bottom of drawer until I have kids and pull out and try to get one of them to wear it.

It's a rainy day and I had wanted to get the rest of the yard work I started over the weekend done, but no such luck.  I guess I'll go get my inside chores done, then back to work on the shawl!

No comments:

Post a Comment