Thursday, March 24, 2011

Knitting Scarves

It's been an interesting day.  The weather was suppose to be rainy but was sunny instead so I spent some time out on the deck soaking up the rays and knitting.  I've been working a birthday present for my sister.  Around 4 pm I heard the coyotes across the street yipping and a'whailing, after a deer or something.  Thus began the rush to get all the pets inside and to close the pet door so the dog wouldn't run outside and get  into a fight.  Shorting after that, back out on the deck knitting was I, when I heard this sound that been bugging this last week.  It was a quick rat-tat-tat-tat on something metal.  I went to investigate I noticed a flicker pounding it's peak on the metal roof of the shop.  Stupid bird.  I went back to knitting only to be interrupted by that same sound, only this time the flicker was pounding it's beak against the satellite dish.  I usually like to discourage my cat from killing birds, but in the case of this flicker, I wouldn't mind if she caught.  After chasing off the flicker again I decided it was time to go inside where nature couldn't distract me.  That and the shadow from the house had almost covered the deck, blocking out the nice warm spring sun.

Tomorrow is laundry day, me thinks, them the weekend when I will hopefully meet up with a friend for coffee.  But since I haven't heard from all week to get a time and place I'm starting to think I may be in need of finding something else to do this weekend.

Oh yes, I mustn't forget.  I got a skein for yarn this last weekend, 45% yak and 55% silk.  It's absolutely beautiful and I can't wait until I find the perfect pattern for it.

And speaking of knitting scarves and have an idea for one using the stitch pattern off of a sock pattern my mom found.  Might do that after I finish sister's birthday present (which involves making a lace scarf).  Thinking though I need to make that lace scarf for myself I've wanting to do.  And I started another lacey scarf for myself this week with sparkly yarn.  I'm in a lacey scarf kind of mood I guess.

I know this isn't about writing, but the real point was to get myself writing more and if I have to write about my day to do that, then so be it.  Maybe next time I actually do a writing prompt like I said I would.

Until next time (whenever that might be),
Garnet

No comments:

Post a Comment