Monday, February 21, 2011

Second Post

This is probably going to be short since my stomach's not feeling well.  Queasy, queasy.

So writing.  I said it'd be writing centric didn't I?  So what am I writing?  A blog post obviously.  But that's not what I mean when I say writing.  Stories, novels, limericks?  Not actually working on any.  I've been in a bit of slump.  I tried doing National Novel Writing Month back in November, though.  I got 6000 words.  And now I can't remember what it was about.  It wasn't about Gumdrop the gingerbread man, that was the previous years attempt.  Didn't even get to 3000 words that time.  What the hell did I write about? 

 Looked it up.  It was a story that had been bouncing around in my head for years.  It's about a gnome named Tweezers and the thing he finds.  It's an egg, which, once it hatches draws Tweezers into a war he'd rather stay out of.  I got as far as the egg hatching, which is quite a bit further then the first time I attempted writing it.  It started out as an idea for an Eragon parody.  It just wasn't humorous enough for me to get into.  Boring actually.

I haven't really written much on anything since then.  Some freewriting has been done but no stories have come out of it.  It makes me sad.  I used to have more ideas then I could write about.

I"m thinking for this blog I might do something like a Writing Prompt Wednesday, where I take a writing prompt I find and write a story.  I shall do that this Wednesday and see how it goes.

'Till Tomorrow
-Garnet

No comments:

Post a Comment